Community Capacity Building
A group of people who know each other well enough that they can act together and support each other.
Strengthening the ability of communities to act on their own behalf to promote the wellbeing of their members.
The CCBI Planning Process:
Under CCBI, Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) will help local communities develop and implement community-driven plans to improve and sustain the behavioral and emotional wellbeing of their members. To support these community-driven efforts, BHRS provides facilitation, planning and data support to help communities track progress on their priority results over time, and some small, time-limited funding support to help jump start the community's actions.The community-driven plans will emerge from these three basic questions:
- Results communities are committed to achieve?
- Community-defined indicators of change: How will we know we are making a difference?
- Strategies to improve community-defined indicators of change?
Community Capacity-Building Projects:
- Asset-Based Community Development
- Promotores/Community Health Outreach Workers (P/CHOW)
- Faith-Based Behavioral Health Initiative
Theresa L. Zamora, MBA
Community Behavioral Health Consultant, Stanislaus County
Behavioral Health & Recovery Services
Prevention & Early Intervention